Thursday, April 16, 2009

the prayers of a child

I have not shared any stories on here about other people, but I have a story that i must share with you all because it moved me so greatly.

Some dear friends of our family are in the process of adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. They just received her referral yesterday and are anxious to go and get her. They found out that she is only 3 months old and is severely malnourished. They found out that they are having special formula from the US shipped over to her that she needs to survive. The part that gives me chills and leaves me in awe is that at about the same time that the orphanage was trying to figure out what kind of formula she needed, her waiting sister here in the United States, who is only 3 years old, told her mother that they needed to pray for Aria (the baby in Ethiopia). She told her mother that Aria was crying and needed her milk and before the mother could respond the 3 year old sister broke into prayer and asked that the Lord would help Aria and send her the milk she needed.

Is that not incredible?! I read that story while at work and in the middle of work broke into tears. I was so moved by the power of the Lord and His amazing grace to provide for Aria in such a powerful way. To see the faith of the child in prayer providing for another child across the world.

I believe very very strongly in the power of prayer. When I think of someone, I haven't thought about in a while I immediately begin praying for them. Whether they are going through a difficult time or not at that time or in need of prayer I do not know. But I have always felt that if the Lord places someone random on my heart that I should pray for them.

I praise the Lord for his amazing grace and provision and the amazing things he is doing in this sweet family. I pray that he continues to protect little Aria and provide her with the needed nutrition and milk to continue to strengthen her.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I LOVE the way the Lord shows Himself!!!!