Monday, April 20, 2009

see my glory

Yesterday at church our pastor gave a really great sermon about the difference between serving God and Money. You know how there are those sermons that you feel like were meant especially for you? Well, yep....this was one of those for me.

While I'm not going to go into full detail about what the sermon talked about exactly, I am going to mention one point that he made that I felt hit me the hardest. He said that money says, "Show me the money", while God says, "See my glory." This simple statement spoke volumes to me. Lately I have been so wrapped up on focusing on getting a job to make money, having enough money to buy everything that I need for the wedding and planning the budget of the wedding that I have gotten to a point of almost serving money over God. I wouldn't have thought of it all this way a week ago, but this sermon really made it become clear.

I let my self get so worked up and stressed out about money situations that I forget to trust in the Lord for his guidance and support. I, like money, keep yelling "show me the money!" and through all of it God is whispering in my ear, "see my glory."

I will make every effort on a daily basis to trust in God and see His glory in my life and the life around me. For it is only by his grace that I have any blessings.

No comments: