Monday, July 19, 2010

grandparent time

Blake and I traveled over to my grandparents house last weekend to spend a little time with them and my great-grandmother. It had been a while since we had both seen them and almost a year since Blake last went to their house. It's funny how no matter what age you are there is something magical about going to your grandparents house. Knowing for a weekend you can just relax and enjoy your time together. Knowing you will get lots of good food and yummy desserts.

As a kid I would spend a week every summer at each of my grandparents house. Those two weeks were the best weeks of the summer. They each were a week where YOU were the center of attention and you got to have ice cream after dinner every day.

Anyways...we had a wonderful time and truly enjoyed getting to spend time with my grandparents and my great-grandmother. Can't wait for this coming weekend when I get to see all my family again! :)

No comments: