Tuesday, January 19, 2010

definition of grace

The other day at church my pastor said something that has really stuck out in my mind for the last few days. He said, "Grace is not when God removes the pain, but when he walks through the pain with you." I thought that this was such a good definition of grace. I have realized more and more as I get older and I learn more about life that every sin or mistake you make has consequences that come along with them. Whether they are big or small, they are still consequences.

I like this definition because even in the midst of your sins God bestows grace upon you. This doesn't mean that he makes the pain of your consequences go away, but that he walks beside your through that pain, comforting and guiding you along the way.

Anyways....that's really all I have to say about that. It's a powerful one sentence statement that sums up a lot about grace. :)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I like that! Thanks for sharing!