Wednesday, June 17, 2009

he's not finished with me yet

I have so much on my heart and mind today that I just have to share. There are those times in your life that I can really feel the Lord working and doing things. As I shared a couple of days ago I was amazed at his faithfulness in the job interview he provided. I was so content in knowing that he would provide and prepare my heart for whatever was to come. Well I was offered the job and accepted it. What an amazing relief it is to know I have found a job!

But what moves me more than anything is the timing of the Lord. He is so good and knew that if I would just be patient and wait on him he would provide. Yesterday I went to Waco for the interview and on the road back home they called to offer the job to me. They gave me a few days to get back with them and let them know my decision. I decided to take a day to think it over, talk it over and more importantly pray it over. I have discovered that the Lord seems to answer me when I choose to follow his will and just act as my heart feels led and that the Lord will stop me or close doors if it's not to be. So I had every intention of calling them back today and accepting the job.

But the Lord is good and not only did he allow me to go through it, he gave me a bit of a confirmation before I had even called. It was a different confirmation that I would have expected, but it was so cool. I was in the car on the way to do a photo lesson and on the radio came the song called Wait and See by Brandon Heath. The Lord knows that I am very moved by music and he definitely spoke to me through this song. The words of the chorus are:

There is hope, for me yet,
because God won't forget,
all the plans he's made for me
I have to wait and see,
he's not finished with me yet, he's not finished with me yet

And it's funny because you might read that and think that's something he would have spoke to me when I was still searching with no end in sight, but in that moment it spoke so greatly to me right now at this moment. I know that God has not finished with me yet. He has so much planned for me and so many things for me to still learn. And I know that though I've found a job and feel like that stage is finished, he's not finished. He has more planned for me than JUST finding a job. I'm scared and excited and nervous and anxious about it all, but I am ready and I can't wait to see where he is going to take me.

So I will praise him for all he's done, is doing and is going to do. I will cherish the moments, but also look forward to what is to come. I end with the song that always comes into my head when I am overwhelmed by the amazing faithfulness of God....

Great is thy faithfulness, Oh God my father.
Great is thy faithfulness, great is thy faithfulness
Morning by morning new mercies I see
all I have needed thy hand has provided
Great is thy faithfulness, Lord unto thee

No comments: