Sunday, March 25, 2012

Embroidery and Sewing


I've done a few craft/sewing projects lately that I wanted to share! First of all I tried my hand at attempting a Dresden block. I got the pattern from here. It was soooo easy! I enjoyed doing it so much! I think I just might have to do a few more of these. Maybe even a full quilt of these!



There is a new fabric line out by Art Gallery Fabrics called Summerlove that I think would be beautiful in this pattern. The fabric line by Denyse Schmidt called Flea Market Fancy was just recently reprinted. I think I'd like to see that in this pattern too! Ha! Oh the possibilities!

Next I've been seeing all these super cute embroidery hoops on Pinterest, some with embroidery and some with just cute fabric. Believe it or not my little sister decided to try her hand at one of the ones with embroidery. If you know anything about her, you know she does not like doing craft projects of any kind. She did a great job though and I think she really enjoyed herself! Here are a few of mine:





I will be doing a craft fair the day before Easter and I'm kind of thinking of putting some of these guys in my booth to see if they sell. We'll see if I get the motivation to finish off a few more! :)

No comments: