Saturday, December 31, 2011

Year in a Glance

Well I 've been terrible about posting this year. I try every year to be better, but every year I fail. :) I thought I'd go back and just recount an important or memorable event that happened each month this year.

JANUARY
I bought myself a new computer. (Might not seem like a memorable event for most, but this was huge for me and Blake)

FEBRUARY
Found out that we were going to be an Aunt and Uncle!

MARCH
Went to Disney World with the Penfield family!

APRIL
Attended the first craft show for the year in Ennis, Texas with my mom and sister.

MAY
Saw my little sister graduate from high school!

JUNE
Celebrated our 2nd anniversary!

JULY
Had a bit of a scare when our niece, Cali Jayne, thought she was coming early, but she didn't. Thank God!

AUGUST
Blake started his last year of Law School! I wrecked my car, but was extremely blessed to be safe and have great insurance! :) Was able to get myself a new car!

SEPTEMBER
Celebrated on the first day of the month the birth of our first niece and goddaughter Cali Jayne!!

OCTOBER
Blake's brother married our new sister-in-love Jackie! Also, Blake finished Practice Court 1 and 2, which happens to be the absolute hardest part of law school.

NOVEMBER
Celebrated Thanksgiving with the Gager Family in Uvalde!

DECEMBER
Celebrated Christmas morning with the Penfield Family and then the evening with the Gager's.

It's been a great year. There were definitely times that I felt like Job. In all the blessings there was a multitude of trials. But the Lord stood by us and brought us through every trial into a new blessing. While there were moments where I couldn't see beyond the day or week ahead, it's awesome to look back and see how the Lord helped us through it all.

I know 2012 has a lot of changes ahead. Blake will be graduating and taking the BAR and we will probably be moving away from Waco. I'm a planner and like to know what the plan is for our future. At this moment I honestly can't see past about mid-May. But I know the Lord is in control and will be there every step of the way. I can't wait to see what he has in store!

No comments: