Thursday, May 10, 2012

Boxes, boxes, boxes...

Well we're in the middle of packing. In about a week and two days we will be moving away from our first apartment as a married couple into our new apartment in a different city to begin the second phase of our lives. Let me just say.... I cannot wait! :)

With each new item added to a cardboard box, I grow more and more excited. I traveled up to DFW last week to start my first official week of work. It was a bit of a hectic one because the team was gearing up for a live recording that was held on Friday night. I heard one girl describe the live recording as their "Super Bowl". It's their one big event that they have every 1 to 2 years and takes months and months of planning. I, fortunately, got to be there for the madness. :) I do have to say though, despite all of the madness, I couldn't be more happy than where God has placed me for the foreseeable future.

I think I said this before, but my new job is in many ways my "dream job". While many of you know, I am a photographer. And while being a photographer is one of my favorite things in the world to do, it just isn't consistent enough to provide for us financially right now, or keep my constant need for action fulfilled. :) Because of these two things, I found that I had to figure out what else it was that I loved doing and what else the Lord has given me a heart for doing. And this job is it. While I won't go into detail right now about that, just know it involves a lot of planning, organization, creativity and busyness. And if you know me, you know I adore all of those things! :)

But the packing continues. Blake and I have been so blessed that we've had this entire week free for just that very thing...packing. Because of this we've been taking it slow and steady. I am finding that because of this, I have more of an opportunity to be an organized and rational packer. This makes my heart happy! It's not....oh my gosh we have to hurry just throw those shoes in there with that pan!! It's more like ok, I have this size box and this many items, let's slowly put them in the box to create a perfect puzzle where everything fits nicely. I'm sure this time next week I'll be a little more like the first example with the last few things. But for now, I love it. :)



I think the cats are beginning to understand that something is up. They LOVE empty boxes and have made sure to jump in every. single. one. They also like empty shelves and spaces, which we have a lot of at the moment.


Anyways....that's all for now. I'll try to keep updating through the move! :)

No comments: